Ghasri is located to the west of Gozo and is its smallest parish village with a population of 417 inhabitants, and is also one of the most traditional one. The local council is renowned for the production of honey.
Like neighboring Zebbug, with which it formed part till 1921, Ghasri probably owes its name to the olive industry. The village of Ghasri leads to Ghasri Valley, which ends in a beautiful tight gorge, dropping into the sea. Ghasri is home to the first lighthouse ever to be built in Gozo, known as Ta’ Gordan, it surveys the north shore from an altitude of 180 meters.